Skip to main content

Introducing Myself

 Hello Everyone,

    My name is Sallie Nicole Delos Reyes, but you all can call me Sallie. I am 21 years old, and I major in Early Childhood Education. I decided on this major because someday I want to be a preschool teacher and taking an art class would be very helpful to my future career. I was born from the Philippines, but my mom decided to move both of uses to the U.S. in order to be with my dad. Things I like to do are singing, dancing, baking, reading, writing, and anything to do with art. Although I am not really one for physical exercise, I have a love for traveling.

 Since I want little, I was always drawing everything I could think of, and growing up exploring new things just really got me to try different art styles. Although drawing is my main talent of art, this doesn't mean that I don't try other things that has to do with art. When I was little, I dreamed to be a fashion designer and so that got me to draw and color constant different clothes and dresses. I drew so much that, I got a whole box full of Sketchbooks for drawing and painting, along with different art supplies.  Since I took art during my junior and high school years, I do have some art that I own and did. Last year, I started to explore drawing on technology which is hard to do because of the many tools and settings to learn. How I got my inspiration of what to draw from reading my books, exploring and traveling different places, and even through the music I listen to.

    Since my dad work in the military, we get to move and travel a lot to different places. My favorite move would probably be in Italy because of the different art structure, ancient history, and beautiful places. The favorite places we traveled to are Rome, Pisa, and Venice. Each place has their own beauty to them, and it almost feel like you were traveling back in time being in that place. I was really excited when I got to visit "Juliets Balcony" and being outside the balcony, I could almost picture how the story happened. I have also visited museums, which were amazing because of the different structures, history, and most of all the different paintings from the past. I got to also visit a famous painting in Paris, France, the "Mona Lisa". When I saw the painting, there were a crowd of people all around it and this one painting is the only thing you see hanged up for the people to see. 
   


 
This piece, "The Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh, is one of my favorite paintings because of my love for the night sky.






Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class will be more meaningful for you because you have traveled. Art and kids go together. Good for you for taking this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to go to Europe and especially to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. traveling really adds a special aspect to art because you've experienced so many amazing places and sights! Greece is definitely on my travel bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel to Europe and also see the Mona Lisa. I did not quite have the appreciation for art at such a young age, but I tell you now when people talk about art and the Mona Lisa, I am lucky to even had that experience because not many do and so many would like too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early Modern Blog Exhibit

 For this week's blog, I will be showing three different art pieces that is influenced by The Great Depression. As we know The Great Depression was one of the worse events that has ever happened in American History and many outcomes that comes with it is what made things harder, for the people of America, to live. To help put "light" in this depressing times, President Franklin Roosevelt has created the "Works Progress Administration"  Thomas Hart Benton (American, 1889-1975), " Approaching Storm ", 1940 Lithograph, 113/4 x 16 in. (29.8 x 40.6 cm) The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, Anonymous Gift (1942) As we know one of the events that has happened during the Great Depression is the Dust Bowl. This drawing of the "Approaching Storm" by Thomas Hart Benton, has shown a scene of a farmer with his horse and farm field before the big dust storm has hit them. "Thomas Hart Benton was an America painter, muralist, and printmaker." (

Romantic Era Blog

For this Romantic Era blog, two styles that I have found to my liking are Romanticism and Art Nouveau. These two styles have things that I have found very interesting, and the painting were always so lovely in my eyes.  The first two artworks I want to represent are " Zodiaque ("La Plume") " by Alphonse Marie Mucha for the Art Nouveau style and " Salisbury Cathedral from the Bishop's Grounds " by John Constable for the Romanticism style. This first Art Nouveau art is called " Zodiaque ("La Plume") " which was created in 1896-1897 in a 63x47 cm (24 13/16x18 9/16 in.) Color lithograph from multiple stones on tan wove paper. When this design was created it was supposed to be for an in-house calendar for the company, Champenois, that Alphonse Mucha works under. Of course, this changed when chief editor, Leon Deschamps, of the 'La Plume' magazine bought the right to put it on the magazines 1897 calendar. Which then on "The Z